Iceland, just the hint of the aurora looking out to the mountains beyond Thingvellir. A perfect night.
THE BEST COOKIE RECIPES :D
Friday night rolled around and I was ready to relax, I haven’t eaten the healthiest all week though so eating a greasy pizza didn’t sound good to me because I wouldn’t feel very good afterwards. So, I made a Cauliflower Crust Pizza to save carbs, unhealthy fats, and lots of calories. It was pretty good, but definitely does not feel like a real pizza- still the same flavors though! I recommend letting it set out for about 20 minutes to let it firm up after baking before handling…mine was more like pizza soup because I was impatient!
Enjoy this healthy alternative this weekend- It never hurts to try :)
*Adapted from: The Lucky Penny Blog
- 1 small head or 2/3 large head of cauliflower
- ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cups Monterey Jack Cheese
- ¼ teaspoons Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoons Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoons Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- Wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower.
- Cut off the florets. You don’t need the stem.
- Pulse in the food processor until you get cauliflower “snow”. You should end up with 2 to 3 cups.
- Cover the cauliflower and microwave for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Dump the cauliflower out onto a paper towel and clean tea towel and let it cool off.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Place your cookie sheet in the oven to heat it up.
- Wrap up the cauliflower in the dish cloth and paper towel and wring out as much excess water as you can.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, sea salt, dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, and cauliflower in a medium bowl.
- Mix it together with a spoon to combine the ingredients. Then add the egg and use your hands to form it into a dough ball.
- Pat it down gently onto a piece of parchment paper with oil spread (or sprayed) onto it.
- Use your hands to form it into a pizza crust, about 1/4″ thick.
- Optional: Slide the parchment paper onto the heated up cookie sheet and bake the crust without any toppings for about 8 to 11 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and add your toppings. (I highly recommend spreading on a bit of olive oil and topping it with feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, kalamata olives, red onion, cherry tomatoes and parsley.)
- Bake it for another 5 to 7 minutes with your toppings on it.
- Note: If you are only going to bake it once, leave it in for about 15 to 17 minutes.